- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan or insert paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla until combined. Alternate the flour mixture with the milk until you get a smooth batter. Spoon into the muffin pan wells equally, about 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a testter comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting. Makes 12 cupcakes
Dulce de Leche Buttercream
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
3/4 cup dulce de leche
Cream together softened butter and powdered sugar on low using an electric mixer. Add cream, salt, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until smooth and no lumps appear. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the prepared dulce de leche and beat to incorporate. Frost cooled cupcakes using a knife or a pastry bag and tip.