- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar (i only used 1.5 cups)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 60ml rose syrup water (2 parts water to 1 part syrup)
- 1 tsp rosewater essence
- 24 pcs canned lychees
1. combine flours and ground almonds in a bowl. in another bowl, beat butter & sugar until light and fluffy, then add in eggs one at a time and whisk until combined.
2. add in flours in 3 additions, alternating between milk and rose syrup water. do not overmix. fold in batter until just combined.
3. spoon 1/2 mixture into cupcake liners, top with a lychee and pour in another 1/2 batter (total height should come up to 3/4 of liner).
4. bake in preheated oven of 170C for 20 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. for the raspberry cream cheese frosting, i combined cream cheese, butter, raspberry puree & sifted icing sugar according to taste. i don’t hv a recipe for it.